Thursday 18 August 2011

1 Corinthians 10 - Who do I glorify?

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of the Lord. This passage of scripture in Corinthians 10 is really important. Whatever we do we must do our best, we must be honourable and most of all we must glorify our Heavenly Father.
During Jesus ministry, everything He did glorified the Father. Everything He said pointed to God. We too in our daily walk should show Jesus to the world. People should see a difference in us that shows Jesus working in our lives. 
It also says in this chapter that we can't have our feet in two camps. That means we can't be Sunday Christians. We should be the same all the time no matter what day of the week. 
Does my life point to Jesus? Does my life glorify God? When others see me do they see a difference in me or am I just like everyone else?
I know that if I was honest in answering these questions, the answers would not be what I would choose, and certainly not what Jesus would choose for me.
What about you? Read this chapter of Corinthians and do what I did. Ask yourself some questions and see if you are glorifying your Father in Heaven. We are called to make disciples of ALL men. If we don't act in a manner that would glorify God then we are living a lie and need to repent. 
If we want to make a difference in this world for the Kingdom, then lets get with the programme and glorify God in everything we say, do and think. Let's show a lost world that Jesus is Lord and that we have a Saviour that loves us so much that He died to set us free. Let's glorify God with everything we have - with our whole being!

No comments:

Post a Comment