Wednesday 8 February 2012

Workers or Shirkers?

But Laban said to him, "If I have found favour in your eyes, please stay. I have learned by divination that the LORD has blessed me because of you." He added, "Name your wages, and I will pay them."
This passage is found in Genesis 30. Jacob has been working for his uncle for a long time and he wants to take his family and make a home for himself. Jacob has worked hard and Laban doesn't want him to go. Laban has also noticed that since Jacob has worked for him, he too has been blessed by God.
When we work for God others notice. They see a difference in us. We should be the kind of people that work hard even if our work benefits others instead of ourselves. I'm not saying that we should be putting work first, but I am saying that we as Christians should have such a good work ethic that it shows others who we are in Christ.
Are we workers or are we shirkers? How are we going to show Christ in our workplace today? We are blessed to be a blessing, so let's share our blessing with the work of our hands today.

No comments:

Post a Comment