Wednesday 22 February 2012

Who do you Glorify?

Who do you give the glory to? On reading Genesis 40 today that was the question that came to mind. This is once again a famous story of Joseph in prison. He interprets some dreams that some other inmates have and the interpretations come true.
The reason I start today with a question is because of verse 8, "We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams." In this one verse Joseph is telling them who he serves and who will interpret their dreams.
Joseph knew that he could do it, he knew that as soon as they told him what the dreams were God would tell him what they meant. However, he gave God the glory before he even did it. He told them that it is God and God alone that can tell the meaning of dreams.
How often do we give God the glory for the things He does through us? How often do we give God the glory before we've even done a thing? When we do something good do we say...Well I worked really hard and it paid off or it was all my own idea!
When we do things for God, we need to give Him the glory. When we do anything we should give God the glory. It's not about what we can or cannot do, it's about our Father in Heaven who works through us for the glory of His Kingdom!
I know that most of the time I will say it's not me it's God, but I also know there are times when I take the credit and the credit is all His! 
Without God we are nothing, so let's make sure today that we give Him the glory for what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment