Thursday 12 April 2012

Build the Kingdom

Today at holiday club we were thinking about the Great Commission. This passage of scripture is in the last chapter of Matthew. Jesus tells His disciples to go and make disciples of all men, baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
I told the children that if the disciples had ignored this command then I wouldn't know about God and so probably wouldn't be a Christian.
This got some of the children thinking; if it wasn't for the obedience of these first disciples of Jesus then there would be no Kidzone, no holiday club, no church, no Christians! 
What an amazing thought. I know its an obvious thing, but its so often the obvious things that we miss!
I praise God for the obedience of these first disciples as without them sharing the gospel and the good news of Jesus, I would not be the person I am today.
So what about us? This wasn't just a command for them at that time, it's a command that we too go and do the same. When we share our faith we make a difference for the Kingdom, we make a difference in the lives of the people that we tell.
My life was changed the day I was told about Jesus, so who's life am I going to help change by telling about Jesus today? What about you? Are you going to tell and make a difference too? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment