Tuesday 16 April 2013

Ready or Not?

Over the last few months, we have been studying Revelation as a church. In my morning Bible reading Jesus is talking about the end. In Luke 17, Jesus heals 10 lepers and then the passage goes on to talk about the coming of the Kingdom.
Jesus talks about the coming of the Son of Man. Jesus explains that the coming of the Son of Man will be a surprise, it will not be on a news report, it won't be well reported, it will just happen.
Are we ready? Do we know what this means for each one of us? This reminds me of the parable of the 10 virgins, where 5 were ready with extra oil and 5 were not. We need to make sure that we are ready for God. We can't leave it till the last minute.
As Christians we have a life in all its fullness and we also have a promise of eternity with God! We need to make sure that we tell as many people about the Lord as possible. We need to share what we have, we have the greatest gift we could give anyone. We have the gift of Salvation. We need to share it and not just keep it to ourselves. As Jesus says, he will 'come like a thief in the night', and then it will be too late. We as Christians don't want to let our world down. We must make Jesus known.

If you are reading this and you don't know Jesus as your personal Saviour, think about this...
If you don't know Jesus as Lord of your life you will live eternity without him! We don't talk about hell very often as we don't want to frighten people, but as real as heaven is, hell is real too. So often people mock about burning in hell, and say things like, 'at least it'll be warm down there lol' BUT...this is not something to be joked about. This is not something to ignore. Think how long a lifetime is, now think how long eternity could be, this is how long those who don't know Christ will be away from him in hell.

If you want to ask Jesus into your life it is as easy as 1,2,3. Just say this prayer and it's as simple as that...
Lord Jesus, I believe that you died for me, I know that I am a sinner, I ask that you would forgive me for all the bad things in my life that I have done. I ask that you would come into my life and be my Saviour. Help me to live for you, help me to honour you. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Amen

If you have just prayed that prayer, tell someone. Be blessed and remember, you've just received the greatest gift you will ever get! Don't forget to find a church that can support you and nurture you in your newly found faith. Be blessed to be a blessing and share your new life with everyone you meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment