Wednesday 24 April 2013

Tempted? PRAY!

In my Bible reading today, Jesus and his disciples are at the Mount of Olives. Jesus is preparing himself for what is about to happen  but before going to be alone with God, Jesus says to this to his disciples, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation."
This statement from Jesus got me thinking this morning; Do I pray that I will not be tempted to do something that I shouldn't? Do I pray for protection against temptation on a daily basis, or only when I remember?
In the Lord's Prayer, Jesus instructs his followers to pray exactly that, to pray that God will help them when they are in temptation. 
We live in a dark and sinful world. We accept this as OK because its the 'NORM'. We allow ourselves to be tempted to do things that look fine because it doesn't harm anyone, but in the eyes of God we are NOT doing what is righteous.
If you are a regular reader to my blog you will know that I believe the Bible with all my heart. You will also know that I will not compromise the things of God intentionally. You might even think that I am a fundamentalist - well I am!
When I look around me I see people that profess to be Christian that do compromise the things of God. I see people that do not understand that the things that they are doing are not in line with what God has called them to be. Come on Church! We are God's people! We need to be what HE'S called us to be! We must pray that God will help us fight the temptations of this world. It is so easy to become apathetic and complacent with our way of thinking. 
Jesus didn't go to the cross so that we could pay at being Christians; he didn't die so that we could compromise his word or do things just because they feel good! He went to the cross so that we could have life in ALL its fullness!
My prayer for today is that we all ask God to help us not fall into temptation. That we trust in him and turn away from our evil ways following him and him alone!Say goodbye today to apathy and complacency. Say goodbye today to compromise and temptation - live the life that God has called you for...a life in all its fullness...John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment