Tuesday 7 May 2013

Help!

My Bible reading today is from John 5. Jesus is talking about how he relies on God to guide him and that everything he does comes from following God's lead.
This is brilliant. The Son of God totally relying on his Father to be able to complete anything. In fact he says this in verse 30... 
"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
This is something that we as Christians need to take notice of. If Jesus himself says he can't do anything without God, then who are we to think we can go it alone? We need to make sure that everything we do is committed to God.
I have learnt many things over the last 10 years of knowing the Lord, but one of the most important things that I always try to remember is this...
                         'If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me'
Basically, if Jesus did it then we should do it too. One of my favourite verses emphasises this point, 'Follow God's example, therefore as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.' Ephesians 5:1-2
We need to be holy, we need to follow Christ's example. When we follow Christ's example we follow God's example, when we follow the example of God we lead others to Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing a beautiful post. I say amen to that! God bless you! Nicky

    ReplyDelete