Wednesday 20 November 2013

Who am I?

Today I've been reading Galatians 2. In this chapter Paul gets really angry at Peter for pretending to be someone else. Peter is behaving differently around the Jewish people and so Paul calls him a hypocrite.
This got me thinking about how people see me. Do people see me as a Christ follower, or do people see me as a church goer? In other words, do people see Jesus in me or do people just see someone that goes to church and acts no different to those who don't?
This is a huge challenge for all of us. We need to make sure that we practice what we preach. 
Jesus calls us to make disciples of all nations, but we are not going to do this if we are two faced. We need to be true to him and true to ourselves. We must allow God to be the very centre of our lives and so live for him. Let's show the love of God to those we meet today. Let's bless those people in our path and allow them to see Jesus through our words, actions and deeds!

'Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.' Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment