Tuesday 26 July 2011

Romans 9 - God is in control!

Sometimes we might look at situations in our lives and wonder things like why is God allowing this to happen to me? Where is God in this situation? In this chapter of Romans verse 20-21 says,  
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? 
We are created by God, who are we to question Him? Who are we to moan and groan at Him? 
Jesus never said being a Christian would be a bed of roses. We need to look to the author and perfecter of our faith and trust in Him.
I got given a word last week and I think that it goes with this scripture so well. 

Because he loves me, says the LORD, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation 
This passage of scripture comes from Psalm 91. I have found it a great help and comfort. We need to remember that God sees our hearts, He sees what we are going through. We don't need to moan at Him we just need to trust in Him. He will never leave us or forsake us. Let's remember God is in control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment