Monday 4 July 2011

Trust!

I've decided today not to write about my bible study but instead to write about what the Lord has done today. 
This week we are going into the local primary schools to do an hour long assembly. We call this the Kidzone roadshow and the children always look forward to the mayhem and fun that we bring with us. 
Yesterday one of the team hurt himself playing football, and I can imagine he felt really terrible knowing what we were doing today. I also felt bad and couldn't sleep worrying about what was going to happen. In fact I woke up and prayed on and off all night.
When I finally gave in and got up before my alarm, I went and prayed some more. I prayed that the Lord would give me a word as I needed to know that everything was going to be OK. He lead me to John chapter 10.
Verse 10, The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full, has been quoted to me many times over the years although today it wasn't that verse that jumped out at me. 
It was in fact verse 4, When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. This verse really spoke to me this morning. I really believe that God was telling me that no matter what happens He has gone before me. The shepherd goes ahead of the sheep and the sheep follow. We are those sheep. Jesus paves the way and we follow where he is going.
This verse really encouraged me this morning. I hope it will encourage you if you are going through something difficult. Jesus is in control and He won't let us go. 
I want to Praise God for going before us this morning and making a way where there seemed to be no way. The Roadshow went into 2 schools today and our injured man joined it too! We are in another 7 schools and I know that God will pave the way for each one. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment