Monday 9 January 2012

God's promise

After the flood, and the earth is dry again, God allows Noah and his family out of the ark. They are the only people left and God makes a covenant with them. God promises that He will never ever flood the world again and as a reminder of that promise God places a rainbow in the sky.
I saw a rainbow this morning on my way into work, which seems really apt especially on reading chapters 8 & 9 of Genesis this morning. I love rainbows. Not just because they look nice, but because I always feel God is showing me that He's there, that He'll never leave me, that I can trust in Him to have my back. 
God made this promise to Noah, but I believe that we can rely on that promise today. We can rely on all the promises of God today. God's word is final, and so when I see the rainbow, I know that God is showing me that He is still in control and that His word is His bond. 
Rely on the promises of God today. Man may let you down, family and friends may let you down, even the church may let you down - but God won't. He keeps His promises and always will!

No comments:

Post a Comment