Friday 6 January 2012

Live for God!

Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.
This verse is hidden amongst the other verses in Genesis 5 which tell us about the lives of Adams family. I think its a great verse and an important one. Enoch was so faithful to God that he never died. In all the other accounts of the family of Adam, they lived so many years and then it says they died. In the case of Enoch this is not the case.
I wonder what does it mean to walk faithfully with God? Personally I think it means that Enoch just lived to please God. He wasn't worried about what the world thought, he wanted only to please his Heavenly Father.
I think this is something that we should all want to strive to do. I know that is what I would like to live like. However, this is not always the case. In fact I can honestly say that even though this is what I want, I often do what I want instead of what God wants.
If we choose to live for God, if we choose to honour Him then this is the kind of life we should live. Let's choose to imitate Enoch and walk faithfully with God, or even better, let's choose to imitate Jesus and live for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment