Sunday 1 January 2012

It was good!

Well the start of the year brings the start of the Bible, and the beginning of time itself. What a great chapter Genesis 1 is. It tells us exactly how God created the world and everything in it.
What an amazing God, what a creative God I serve.
I guess the thing that always strikes me as strange is many Christians don't actually believe the first chapter of the book! What is that about? I believe that if you don't believe the first chapter, then how can you believe the rest? By disputing one part of God's word you are in fact putting the rest into disrepute too!
Then there are others that think its not important how the earth was created and that the facts in this chapter are not worth arguing about. If it's not important then why is it in the book? As far as I'm concerned, if God said He created the world in 6 days then that is good enough for me. If God had made the earth in 1 day then I'd accept that too, as my God can do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or think - He can do all things - nothing is impossible for my God.
With this in mind, at the very start of 2012, lets put our faith in the God of the impossible. Let's allow Him to be glorified by allowing Him to work through us. Put your trust in Him - it will be a roller coaster of a ride - but a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment