Saturday 7 January 2012

The Power of God!

Genesis chapters 6 & 7 tell the story of the flood. This is probably one of the most famous of the OT bible stories as children learn this story from an early age.
On reading these two chapters again, I realise how fortunate we are. God was so fed up with mankind that He decided enough was enough, and so He wiped out most of humanity. I look at the world today, and I can pretty much guarantee that the world is in the same place now as it was then, if not worst. We live in a society that doesn't care, we live in a world that is power crazy, where the human race thinks about itself - the power of ME!
We can thank God that He allows us to continue, when He could very easily choose to make everything stop. We need to realise that our God is the very same God in the bible that sent the flood, that wiped out the people that were not living in a manner that was honouring to Him. We should be thankful that God gives us a second chance, third chance etc...I praise God that He forgives me when I mess up and is so patient with me to allow me to continue to try. He hasn't given up on me yet, so I need to do everything I can to glorify Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment