Wednesday 18 January 2012

What are your desires - are they Gods?

Today's reading comes from Genesis 16, and is the story of Abram and Hagai. God has already promised Abram that he will be the 'Father of Nations' BUT Sarai, his wife is in a hurry. She still has no children and so she tells Abram to take her servant girl to be his wife. Abram does as Sarai asks and so Hagai becomes pregnant with Abram's son.
How often does God say something to us and someone else will take that dream away? I know personally I've had this happen. When God says He will do something then we can stand on that promise! God will ALWAYS come through. In this passage Sarai got impatient and so wanted to move things along in her way and not in God's way.
A few years ago I really felt the Lord tell me about a bus ministry that He wanted me to start. Here I am years later and there is still no bus ministry. Now that could be because God's timing is not my timing, or it could be because someone laughed at me when I told them about it and so I got disheartened, or it could be a combination of the two. All I do know is that I have to trust in the Lord that His timing is perfect and that if He wants this to happen then it will.
If you are in a situation where God had told you something, then hold onto it; don't be disheartened when others laugh; don't loose the dream; pray into it and even get others to pray into it. God gives us the desires of our heart - that doesn't mean that He gives us what we want - it does mean that He gives His desires to us and puts them in our hearts. For me this means that God put that bus ministry in my heart, and so if that is the case then its still in the offering! 
What are the desires of your heart? What are Gods desires for you? Do they match up? Pray about it - who knows what you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment