Monday 5 September 2011

1 Corinthians 13 - Do you love?

Anyone that knows me would know that the last few months or even the last year of my life has been a bit of a roller coaster. I have had amazing times with God, and amazing moments of God working in and through me. It has been awesome to see God working and being allowed the privilege of being part of His mission to the children I meet. However at the same time of being in awe of God, it has been a hard time, it has been a year of testing and trials, and to be really honest at many points I have wanted to call it a day.
I am so glad that God never gives up on me. Even when I think that I should just stop and do something else, He never gives up, He never lets me fall. Jesus is with me the whole time, even when things are tough and I just want to curl up in a ball and quit - Jesus never quits! His love is never ending, His love never stops when the going gets tough. I praise God that my God never gives up on me and so encourages me to keep going even when the going gets tough.
My love for God is the reason that I keep doing what I do. That doesn't mean that I've got it all sorted, but it does mean that even when I think that others are against me, I know that God is for me. It means that even when I think that I am unnoticed or forgotten about, I know that God sees me and loves me for me. 
I guess the reason that I've chosen this passage today, is because we all need to love one another as Jesus loves us. We need to love even when we feel like giving up. We need to love people that don't like us and want to harm us. We need to go the extra mile and love the unlovable - Jesus did! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment