Saturday 24 September 2011

The cross

I finished Galatians today, and what a great way for Paul to finish. 
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.
Why should I ever boast in anything but the cross? I am a new creation because of the cross. I am a different person because of the cross. I am forgiven because of the cross. I have life in all its fullness because of the cross. I am saved because of the cross. Without the cross my life would be meaningless. 
If you are reading this and you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can. It's as easy as 1,2,3.
1) Accept that Jesus died for your sins
2) Ask Him to forgive you and come into your life
3) Follow Jesus and walk in the new freedom that it brings 

Its the cross that makes it all possible. Jesus died that we might be forgiven, so that we can have a relationship with the Father and have eternal life. Its as simple as that
 

No comments:

Post a Comment