Sunday 11 September 2011

Look up!

Wow its been a while since I last posted. I need to get back into writing daily. 
Today I was reading in 2 Corinthians 4 and the very last verse jumped out at me. 
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 
How often do we do this? How often do I look to what God wants for me instead of what I want for me?
It says in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   
So why would I doubt what God says? In this scripture God is telling me that he has good plans for my life, that He won't let harm come to me. However I still focus on the now and not the future. I need to look to Jesus as He is my future. 
When we look at the here and now we can miss what God has in store for us. We need to look up, we need to re-focus, we need to look to our future through the eyes of Jesus. We need to get on the spiritual roller coaster that is Christian life and hold on tight to Jesus. Its going to be a rocky ride - but its going to be exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment