Monday 12 September 2011

New beginning!

2 Corinthians 5 is a chapter that encourages. Paul writes to the Corinthians and tells them that Christ has reconciled them to God through His death. Then comes verse 17,  
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
This verse is paramount to our Christian walk. When we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour of our lives then this verse happens! We change! 
When we walk the way of the world we are far away from God. When Jesus impacts our lives and shows us God's way, our old way of thinking and living changes. We want to please God, we want to share our lives with God, we want to live in a way that is honouring to God.
I guess my question today is this:Am I truly a new creation in Christ or do I do my own thing? Do others see a difference in me that shows them Jesus working in my life?
Ask yourself the same question. I know that I am different to who I was. However I want to be a light shining for Jesus and I know that I have a long way to go. With Jesus help I will get there - what about you?  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment