Sunday 25 September 2011

I've got the POWER!

Today I began the next book in the New Testament which is Ephesians. This is one of my favourite books in the bible and so I am looking forward to reading through the 6 chapters and seeing what God has to say over the next few days.
The whole of this first chapter is brilliant, but the thing that stood out for me the most is the Power that is within us! 
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.
When Jesus becomes Lord of our lives He has promised us that we will receive the Holy Spirit as the seal of our Salvation. That we are His and His alone. 
There is more to this though, as the Holy Spirit that Jesus promised to us, that dwells within us is the same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead! When I think about this it always blows me away. 
The very same Holy Spirit that raised the dead, healed the sick, hovered over the waters at the time of creation, breathed breath into Adam, changed the lives of the disciples, lives in me. I just feel so blessed when I think that God's Spirit chooses to dwell within me and all I have to do is ask. Thank you Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment