Monday 19 September 2011

Man or God?

I've just started reading Galatians today, and it struck me how straight talking Paul is in this first chapter. He doesn't mess around, he gets straight to the point. 
He asks the reader "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." 
What an important passage this is today. What are we like as Christians? Are we man pleaser's or God pleaser's?  Do we worry about offending others or do we tell them the truth and allow the gospel to speak for itself. 
The gospel is offensive. Jesus never tried to whitewash the truth. He always spoke with Power and authority and wasn't worried about the reaction.
I'm not saying we should try and offend others, or that we should be insensitive, but what I am saying is that we need to be bold and courageous and allow God to do the rest. If we don't tell others about Jesus then who will? If we don't tell others the truth, then how will they know? If we don't show the love of Jesus to a lost world then we are not doing them any favours. We live in a lost world and so its our job to show them the answer to every question - JESUS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment