Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

I thought that since today is the last day of the current year I'd better write something. The past year has probably been the most difficult year of my life so far. I can be honest and say I am glad to see the back of 2011 and so am trying to look forward to 2012.The great thing about this time of year is the fact that even though the past year has been truly awful I can still praise God for all that He has accomplished and for all that He has done in my life.
It is amazing how God can meet you even in the hardest of situations, and to be honest that is the best thing about 2011, as there have been so many hard situations that I have found God in the strangest of places. 

My prayer for the coming year is that I would only look to Him, that I would stop worrying about man's opinion of me and just look to Him. I am so grateful that I serve a God that loves me and values me and that is all that matters. If man doesn't like that then that is how it is. Jesus is Lord and nothing else matters. Thank you Lord for 2011 and for showing me that its not about me, its not about others opinions, its not even about church - its about us bringing the Kingdom of Heaven into our lives and the lives of the people around us. Let's make 2012 a Kingdom building year! Have a blessed 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment