Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Battle is Won!

Revelation 12 talks about a battle between the angels and a snake or Satan. John shows us that in this battle Satan is defeated and God's army wins.
We serve a God that has already won the battle. Death has been defeated at the cross. However we still sometimes walk about like we have been defeated. I know personally I've felt really low over the passed few months. I have really struggled with things going on around me.I can honestly say that without God things would've gone really pear shaped. 
As I sit here thinking about this passage of scripture I'm listening to the song 'Our God is Greater' We need to realise that no matter what the situation, whether we have financial problems, job worries, family issues, health issues or are just generally low - the battle is won. The ending of the book is a good one! Jesus has defeated everything. We need to pick ourselves up by the boot straps and know that our God is greater than any other. He is Lord of all and so that means He is Lord of the situations that we find ourselves in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment