Thursday 1 December 2011

My sheep know my voice!

I normally only write once about a chapter each day, but on reflection I don't think this is going to be the case with Revelation. The second half of Chapter 1 ends with, “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.  The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches."
John is being told to write down what he is being shown by God. This might seem like an everyday occurrence but John is not given an everyday thing to write down. He is given words for the church which are not always easy to hear, not to mention in the later chapters which show what is to come - also not a pretty picture.
The brilliant thing about John in this book is his obedience. He has been told to tell the world something that is not easy listening but he does it anyway.  We can all learn something from John. We need to be obedient, we need to speak out the truth even if the truth is not flavour with others. We need to make sure that when Jesus tells us to do something - we do it. 
I always find myself arguing with God. I then after a bit of convincing manage to do as I'm told. If only I did what I was told in the first place it would make things much easier. I am much better than I used to be, I don't argue as much, but occasionally I will still put something off because its hard. 
John 10:27  says, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me, If I know the voice of God then there should be no arguing I should just get on with it. We all need to be a little more like John and be obedient to God. Let's not worry what others think, just follow the one who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment