Saturday 3 December 2011

Let's get Excited!

In chapter 2 of Revelation John writes to the church in Ephesus. He is encouraging them in the way they persevere. They keep going and work hard. However, he rebukes the fact that they have forgotten their first love.
When I became a Christian first, I just wanted to tell everyone about Jesus. I couldn't help but try in every opportunity to share the gospel. I guess as the years have passed, I'm not as full on as I used to be. I think that is very sad. I love it when I see a new Christian so excited about the word of God and sharing their faith. It's brilliant! So why is it that when we've been Christians for a while, we loose that passion?
I don't want to loose that passion, I want to be more excited now about my Salvation than ever! Come on church! Let's get excited about what Jesus did for us! Let's take every opportunity to glorify His name! Let's make sure that we don't loose sight of our first love like the Ephesians did - look to Jesus, He is the Saviour of the world. There is no other name by which we can be saved! Jesus is Lord - lets get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment