Wednesday 30 November 2011

Our LORD!

I started reading Revelation today, and to be honest I was of the mind that I wouldn't really be able to understand it enough to write about it on my blog. However, my God is a great God and He speaks to me no matter what. How dare I think that God wouldn't reveal what He would want to say to me. This came to me as I read the very first verses of chapter 1 it says, 
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,  and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
Wow, Jesus was there from the very beginning. I know this is such an obvious point to make, but it is a valid one. He is Lord and with that in mind we need to realise that He's been there, seen it, done it etc... He knows everything there is to know about us. He knows the good and the not so good. He knows when we are awake and asleep. He knows when we are listening to His guidance and when we are doing our own thing and ignoring Him. He knows when we say things about others that are not Holy as well as when we encourage one another in the Lord. Let's face it I could go on with this train of thought, but let's look at this from a Kingdom perspective. Jesus is LORD - THERE IS NOTHING HE DOESN'T KNOW OR SEE! We cannot hide from Him. There is good news in all of this though. Jesus loves us so much that He stretched His arms out wide to show us how much we mean to Him. He paid the ultimate price for our sin and shame and it costs us nothing. He did much so that we can do so little. Trust in Him today - He is our only hope, our redeemer, our LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment