Monday 24 October 2011

Be encouraged today!

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today - Hebrews 3:13
When I read this verse today I asked myself a question - do I encourage others in their Christian walk? If not why not? 

The writer of Hebrews instructs that we should encourage one another daily, and the reason for this is so that we don't fall into sinful ways. If we don't look out for one another, then there is a greater possibility that we won't walk the walk, and eventually get out of the loop. What I mean by that is we need one another to have fellowship with so we all can be part of the body of Christ.
There are some that believe that you don't have to go to church to be a Christian. I am not of that train of thought. I don't believe going to church makes you a Christian just like going to McDonald's doesn't make you a burger, however, I do believe that meeting and having fellowship with like minded people is invaluable, and will encourage us to continue our walk with the Lord.
We really need to encourage one another in the Lord. We need to make sure that when others are low in faith that we pick them up, and likewise they will pick us up when we need it too.
Let's try and encourage one another in faith and maybe through our love for one another we will show a lost world what being a Christian is really about - Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment