Saturday 8 October 2011

Who is your life?

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

I don't usually start with the passage, but I love today's passage so much that I couldn't think of a better way to start than God's word!
There is so much in this passage from chapter 3 of Colossians, but I love the fact that Christ is my life! Paul is telling us that we need to make sure that Christ is everything, that Jesus is Lord of our lives, that He is the centre of everything that we do. 
Is that the case though? Is Christ the very core of everything in my life? Is Jesus the centre of every conversation. I remember when living at home with my parents, there was a sign on the wall in the living room that said, 
'Christ is the head of this house, the unseen guest at every meal, 
the silent listener to every conversation' 
I believe that when Christ is our very lives, this above saying comes into play. For us that means that every situation we are in, wherever we are, whoever we're with, we invite Christ to be there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment