Monday 31 October 2011

Forgiven and forgotten

Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more - This verse is found in Hebrews 10. What an amazing verse this is, what an awesome truth that we can hold on to.
When God forgives, He also forgets. How often do we forget when others hurt us? How often do we forget when others say things about us? We might say that we forgive them, but to forget about what has happened is a whole different ball game.
I think we should be thankful that God doesn't treat us as we treat others. I thank God that He chooses to forget my past so that I can have a future. Let's thank God today that He doesn't hold grudges, that He doesn't condemn us for our past sin when we come to Him, that He has paid the price for our sin, that when He says forgiven He also means forgotten. I think we should try and do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment