Sunday 16 October 2011

Children of the King!

1 Timothy 4:12 - Don't let anyone make fun of you, just because you are young. Set an example for other followers by what you say and do, as well as by your love, faith, and purity.
This is a really important verse to me. I'm employed at my church to pastor children and to tell them about Jesus, and so this verse shows me how important young people are to God. We need to nurture them, we need to encourage our children and young people, so that they can be all that they are called to be. We need to make sure that they are fully equipped and ready for all the world will put in their path.  
So often children and young people are not taken seriously. They are not listened to and are made to feel less important. I don't think this is the case in the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom way of looking at children is to say that, Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me.
We must remember to value our young people and to encourage them at all times in the Lord. Who knows they might even show us a thing or two after all Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven 
Let's make sure we look after our young people. Let's make sure that we show them the love of Jesus. Let's equip them in the ways of the Lord, so that they can be ready for the battle, so that they can show us the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment