Thursday 20 October 2011

Philemon

After reading the book of Philemon it made me think about the relationship between Paul and Onesimus. Paul was not only his friend, but he was like his defense lawyer standing up for him.Paul was pretty much vouching for him, he wanted him to be treated fairly and was asking Philemon to accept him as a brother in Christ.
This is a picture of Christ and us. Jesus is our defense council, He is our interceder. He goes to God and asks Him to forgive us when we mess up. 
We can be so thankful that we have a Saviour that not only went to the cross so that we are saved, but a Saviour that still vouches for us when we do things that are not pleasing to God.
I thank God that I have a Saviour who vouches for me when I get things wrong. Thank you Lord that even now as I write this you are interceding for me to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment