Wednesday 4 May 2011

Broken walls

When reading about the meeting between Jesus and the Samaritan woman it really struck me that so many walls were broken in this single moment in time.
1. Jesus as a Jewish man wouldn't have spoken to a Samaritan
2. Jesus as a man wouldn't have spoken to a woman alone
3. This woman was alone because of her lifestyle - no-one else wanted to talk to her

How amazing is my God? How awesome is my Saviour? He breaks down all barriers and enters the lives of the people that we least expect. Jesus doesn't look at people and say, "I can't bother with them because...." He says instead, "I will bother with them in spite of..." Jesus meets us all at our worst, he meets us exactly where we are. We just need to accept that he loves us no matter what. After all like he says to the Samaritan woman, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment