Wednesday 11 May 2011

Where else?

John chapter 6 concludes as I said yesterday with many of Jesus followers leaving and choosing not to follow him any more. This still happens unfortunately today. Many people have amazing relationships with God, awesome experiences of God's power through the Holy Spirit, but yet they still choose to go and stop believing in Jesus.
I know that we all have times of trial or even times where we think and even say, "how can God let this happen to me?" or see things in the world happen like the tornado's in Alabama, and the Tsunami in Japan and wonder, "How can this happen, why did God not stop it?"
BUT- inspite of those things I say along with Peter, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."
Peter knew who Jesus was. He wasn't going to leave when the going got rough, or when the teaching got hard. He wanted to follow Jesus through it all. I know that when times are hard God is with me. I know that Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. I know that he is my Saviour and God. So, even when its hard and even when I have to face up to things that I know are not going to be easy, I know that I can only go to one place - Jesus. Where else could I go? Where else would I want to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment