Friday 6 May 2011

What do you need?

In John chapter 5 we read about Jesus healing a man that couldn't walk. The man wanted help into the pool at Bethesda, however, Jesus did much better than putting a man in some bubbly water - he healed him!
That's my Saviour - he always gives us what we least expect. The man thought he needed to get in the pool, but Jesus knew his needs and he met them.
I guess this story speaks to me very personally today. I took my car to the garage for what I thought was going to be a routine repair, and found out that this wasn't the case. I found out that my car had a serious problem that I didn't know about. This is like our lives. We think that we are doing OK or that we know what we need, but Jesus knows what we really need before we even pray about it.
Very often we pray for the wants of life, but we should praise God that he knows what we need. We need to remember that God is in control, and that as soon as we rely on him and not ourselves then we will have our needs met and our wants will no longer be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment