Friday 13 May 2011

Who taught you?

Today's thought comes from John chapter 7. Jesus is once again in a dialogue with the Jews about who he was and where he was trained!
This got me thinking about my own situation. I am employed by my church to teach children and disciple children in the Christian faith. I love my job and take it very seriously. However, I have no qualifications in this field or any other really but yet I am still able to do my job. I believe that God gives me my ability and not man and as long as I continue to follow his lead then I can't go wrong.
In this passage Jesus is questioned about where he'd studied. Jesus answers that everything that he does and says comes from God. If it's good enough for Jesus then it's good enough for me. Don't let your qualifications or lack of qualifications stop you from being who God has called you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment