Tuesday 3 May 2011

Greater to become less!

I was thinking about my bible readings today and to be honest it was a humbling thing. The part that really hit me was verse 30 where John the Baptist says, "He must become greater; I must become less." 
John recognised that everything he did he did for the glory of God and so he knew that it was never about him.This should be true for us today. We have to put aside all of our agenda's and come before God. Everything we do should be about Jesus and not about us. We need to humble ourselves before the King of Kings and allow him to work through us.
If everything we do, we do for ourselves or to better ourselves or even for others to think how good we are, then we are not living the lives that Jesus has called us to. 
I want to make sure that I live for Jesus. I want to make sure that its about him and not about me. I want to make sure that even this blog is about Jesus and not about me. If my life is about me and not Jesus then I may as well pack up and stop now, because as a Christian I am called to make disciples of ALL men. That's not making disciples for myself, that's making disciples for the one and only Saviour of the world.
Let's all humble ourselves and become less so that the Creator of the Universe can become greater in our lives and the lives of the people we meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment