Saturday 7 May 2011

Without the Father...

I'm still reading John chapter 5 and in today's reading Jesus once again infuriates the Jews. Jesus calls God his Father and so they are not happy with him! Jesus also said, "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing; because whatever the Father does the Son also does." 
Jesus was saying that he couldn't do anything without God. If the Saviour of the world can do nothing without God, then why should it be any different for us? We need to rely on God and do His will and not our own. We should be like it says in Ephesians 5:1, Be imitators of God. 
People should see a difference in us; they should know by our actions that we are Christ Followers. The Jews knew that Jesus was different; they wanted rid of him because of his difference. We need to be different and shine our light before men, doing as Jesus did.
Let's put the above verse changing Son for I...
I tell you the truth, I can do nothing by myself; I can only do what I see my Father doing; because whatever the Father does I also do
Now let's mean it and go do likewise!

No comments:

Post a Comment