Wednesday 18 May 2011

The man in the Middle

Today I decided to look at a different passage of scripture. The passage comes from 1 Samuel chapter 2. Hannah has given birth to Samuel and she has kept her promise to God to give him back to God. Samuel is now working in the service of Eli the priest and he is growing in the things of God. However, Eli's owns sons are not growing in the ways of the Lord, in fact they are disrespecting the Lord by disrespecting the sacrifices being offered. Eli finds out about this and he has a stern word to say. "If a man sins against another man, God may mediate for him; but if a man sins against the LORD, who will intercede for him?"
This made me think about how fortunate we are to be living this side of the cross. I have a Saviour that mediates for me, his name is Jesus. Those who know the Lord can be assured that Jesus speaks on our behalf to the Father when we mess up. I am so privileged to have the knowledge that I am not only saved, but that I am forgiven because of the cross. Eli didn't have that knowledge. Eli didn't have that reassurance. When he did something wrong he would have to sacrifice an animal before the Lord. He didn't have what I have. He didn't have the cross to count on.
I just want to Praise God for the cross and for my salvation. I just want to thank my Saviour for speaking up for me when I get things wrong. I want to Praise Jesus for the cross and for what he did for me so that I could and can be forgiven! He is my Mediator - He is my Redeemer, my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment