Sunday 19 June 2011

Acts 12 & 13 - Who guides you?

I haven't had much opportunity lately to write my blog and so I'm a little behind. The passage of scriptures that I've read lately made me think - who guides me?
In chapter 12 Peter is miraculously released from prison all because of the power of prayer. In chapter 13 Barnabas and Paul are sent off to preach the gospel, however it says in verse 4 - The two of them, sent on their way by the Holy Spirit. 
These two occasions were Spirit led. Peter escaping from the prison was Spirit led and the commissioning of Paul and Barnabas was also Spirit led.
I've spent the last week running prayer workshops in some primary schools. There have been times when I have felt the power of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit during this week, but I also know that there have been some times where I have depended on myself and not been guided by God at all. 
This is really sad. I want to be guided by God all of the time, however, if I don't look to him and allow him free reign over my life then I know that that is not going to be the case. I know that if I don't trust in God completely then I will fall into the trap of relying on myself. 
Who guides you? Are you guided by the Holy Spirit or do you only rely on God when the chips are down and you've run out of options? I know how I want to be guided - do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment