Wednesday 8 June 2011

Committed?

Acts chapters 4 and 5 show us how the early Christians were committed not only to sharing the gospel, but also to one another. I think this is an amazing picture of how God really wants us to be. Everyone was equal, everyone shared what they had and they supported one another in love as well as fellowship. They were committed to God, one another and the sharing of the gospel.
This is how I believe we should be today. I believe that God wants His church to be united, to be committed, to be living in equality, to be loving one another and looking out for one another. 
I don't suppose God is very happy with the way we really are.
I think we need to ask some questions:
  1. How committed are we to God?
  2. How committed are we to one another?
  3. How committed are we to loving the unloved?
  4. How committed are we to showing the lost the way to Jesus?   
These maybe hard questions to face up to and answer. However I believe that we all need to answer them and see how we can change our own lives so that we can help others to change their lives.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment