Monday 6 June 2011

Get up and Walk!

Today continuing with Acts, I read the story of Peter and John healing the cripple at the Gate Beautiful. This is a great story. This man was begging for money, but Peter and John gave him the greatest gift - the gift of healing - both Physically and Spiritually. 
We meet people every day that have needs. Maybe not as great or obvious as this man, but still just as important. How do we react? How do I react? Do I give them the greatest gift, or do I just say hello and walk by? Do I share the love of Jesus, or do I completely ignore them and carry on with what I'm involved with?
This is really difficult for me. I don't find this kind of thing easy, I don't find it natural to talk about peoples needs and problems. This is a bad excuse though. As Jesus came for the lost, the lonely, the sick, the needy, the people with problems! I need to get with the programme! We all need to get with the programme!
There's a great quote from a children's film that comes to mind when I read this story. It comes from the film 'Robots' The quote is "See a need, fill a need!" This is how we should be as Christians. Peter and John saw the man's need and not only filled it, but gave him more than he'd bargained for. I want to have that kind of Christianity! I want to have the courage to see the need and fill it! Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment