Tuesday 14 June 2011

Acts 9 - Use me Lord!

The conversion of Saul is of major importance to the majority of Christians today. This is because it was in fact Saul or Paul as he became known, that took the good news to the Gentile race.
This was a real miracle though, as it was Paul that was persecuting the church at the time, and it was Paul who stood by and watched as the people threw stones at Stephen and made him the first Christian martyr. 
This story gives me so much hope. The gospel is an amazing thing. We serve a God that loves everyone and has no favourites. He chose to use Paul, his enemy, and through Paul many people became Christians and are still becoming Christians. If God can use Paul, then he can use anyone to bring comfort to the needy, help to the lost, and the truth to a world that needs to know that Jesus died for them. I know that when there are times when I feel that I am not worthy to take the good news of Jesus to the lost, all I have to do is remember Paul. He probably felt like that sometimes, but even so Jesus used him to make a difference for the kingdom. He did what he was called to do!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment