Friday 3 June 2011

Pray without ceasing!

Today I began reading Acts. In the first chapter Jesus promises the disciples the Holy Spirit and then leaves them and returns to heaven.
The disciples return to Jerusalem, and it says in verse 14, 'They all joined together constantly in prayer' . This is something that I believe that we need to do. As Christians we need to pray; we need to join together and pray; we need to be at one with the Father.
How can we know where God is leading us if we don't communicate with him? How can we have a relationship with God if we don't talk to him? 
I know personally that I don't pray enough. However, this has got to change. I know that the only way I can make sure that I am following in Jesus footsteps is if I go to him in prayer. I want to be guided by him; I want to hear his voice; I want to know his will for my life. To have this kind of close relationship with Jesus I need to spend time with him.  
Let's all come before the throne-room of grace and be expectant at what the Lord will do. Let's make sure that we communicate with God and not just offer prayers that are like shopping lists. Let's listen to what the Spirit has to say and be expectant at what God will do through us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment