Saturday 11 June 2011

Let's Stand!

I'm in Acts again and continuing with the story of Stephen. He's been arrested and is now speaking for his life. You'd expect in human terms for him to defend himself, but instead he defends the gospel. He speaks of Moses and of the prophecy of Jesus.
I'd like to think that if I was in a situation that I needed to defend Jesus that I would. We are told in the bible that there will be a time of persecution. Are we up for that? Are we sure that we can and will stand when it comes? 
There are many Christians in the world that don't have it as easy as we do in the West. We don't really know what persecution is. We think someone saying a snide remark or laughing at us is persecution, however there are people in our world even today losing their lives because they believe in Jesus.
Let's remember our brothers and sisters that are being persecuted. Let's uphold them in our prayers, as I know they uphold us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment