Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Truth

In today's scripture Peter and John are in trouble! They have been called before the Sanhedrin for healing a man in the name of Jesus. The Sadducees are not happy to say the least. They think that they have got rid of the trouble maker, Jesus, but here are men still talking about him, healing in his name and going around preaching what he preached! 
Peter and John stand before them and are told that they are free to go, but that they must not mention Jesus again. Peter and John then reply, "Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." In other words, NOT A CHANCE!
I think this is brilliant. Peter and John are in real trouble. However, no matter what, they have to speak the truth; they have to speak of Jesus; they have to do God's will and not man's will.
That's the kind of Christian I want to be. I want to be able to say no matter what predicament I'm in that I will only speak of Jesus, and I will only do the Lords will.
I want to be able to say as Joshua said,  
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment