Thursday 2 June 2011

Back to the blog..........

The last few days I've spent reading about Saul pursuing David in order to kill him. Even though David knew that his life was in danger he didn't stop trusting in God. In fact before David contemplated anything he 'Enquired of the Lord'
This got me thinking about how much I trust God. When I am in a bad place or tough situation do I enquire of the Lord to find out what to do or do I just ask God to take the problem away? David didn't ask God to take the problem away, he just trusted that God was with him and he asked God what to do next. Even when he had opportunities to rid himself of Saul, he chose to do God's will instead. Even when his wives, children and the families of his men are kidnapped by his enemies, he still asks God what to do.
I think I need to take a leaf out of David's book and make sure that I ask God first. God knows what is best for us, so we need to make sure that we ask God so that we know that we too are doing what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment