Sunday 13 November 2011

Fear not!

Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?This question is found in 1 Peter 3. It is followed by, Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened. We have nothing to fear but fear itself. We are born of the Spirit, we are guided by the Spirit, we are children of God. Why would we be afraid? Jesus has won the battle, He has conquered death.I know its easy to say to someone don't be afraid but to be honest, we really don't have anything to fear. 
I have always hated flying, and when I get on a plane I always pray first. I don't think its the thought of crashing, although I'm not keen on that, I think its the thought of being out of control and there being that distance between me and the floor that makes me afraid. However, I know that God is with me, and that He has my life in the palms of His hands, because of this knowledge the fear has no control, it has no power over me.
There is another way of looking at this too. When we are afraid we show that we are not trusting in God. Let's make sure we look fear straight in the eye and tell it to go away. Satan uses our fears to stop us from doing God's work, stop us from trusting in God. Satan is the father of ALL lies so we need to show him that we are the children of the living God and that we have nothing to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment