Thursday 17 November 2011

The Universe obeys - do we?

But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyedThese two verses are found in the final chapter of 2 Peter. The creation of the world has always been a great interest to me. I guess that is why these two verses jumped out today as I was reading.
Peter says that by God's word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. I think this is amazing. My God created the world with the command of his words. If you look back in Genesis chapter 1 it says, And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God spoke the words and it came to pass. That is how powerful, how awesome, how amazing my God is. I love the story of how God created the world. It gives me such a thrill to know that in 6 days, God made everything and it was perfect. He didn't miss anything out, it was perfect in every way, and it was made with the Power of His word.
Let's look at this a little closer for a miniute. If God can create a universe with His word, then surly we can rely on the fact that when He promises something then that word is final. Jesus promises to be with us and never leave us - that is final. Jesus says that we will do miracles greater than His - once again a promise from God. Jesus also said that if we have the faith of a mustard seed that we can make a mountain move - Jesus doesn't change. We need to remember that the one we trust in is the Creator of the Universe. He created all things through the Power of His spoken word. When God speaks - the Universe obeys. What about you and me? Do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment