Saturday 26 November 2011

Great Job!

In 3 John we find John encouraging his friend. He writes a letter to encourage Gaius in everything he does. He commends him for what he has done and what he is doing in the name of the Lord.How often do we encourage one another? When was the last time that you said to someone else, "I think you are doing an amazing job for the Lord"
I know that when people say things like this to me it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. However, I think that is wrong attitude to have. The people that say this to me are just trying to encourage me, and motivate me in the work of the Lord.
We should do this more often. We need to raise one another up. We need to motivate and encourage one another in the gifts that God has given us. Let's try and honour one another, let's try and make someone feel loved and respected. We are all in this together, and without the support from the people around us it becomes really difficult - so lets make sure that we make things easier for our Christian brothers and sisters and encourage them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment