Thursday 10 November 2011

I am Privileged!

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
What can I say about these two verses from 1 Peter chapter 2. What a privilege to know that we are chosen, we are priests, we are possessed by God Himself. We should feel so honoured by these verses, and yet so often we forget who we are in Christ. I can remember being in a service once and the preacher telling the congregation that we were in the top % of privileged people on the planet. We live in a relatively free speaking country; we as a nation are not classed as poverty stricken; many of us live in our own homes; the list is endless, however, the main reason that we are in this position of privilege is because we know Jesus.
I believe that Peter was trying to encourage the readers who they were in Christ, and in doing that he has done the same for us. We must believe these verses and hold onto the promise that without Jesus in our lives our lives would be meaningless.
I can't imagine my life without Jesus, I don't want to imagine my life without Jesus. What about you? Do you know Him? He's only a prayer away. If you are reading my blog today and don't know Jesus as Lord, just ask Him into your heart today. Ask Him to be your Lord and Saviour. You'll never regret it, and you too will become a privileged priest of the Living God.
Make a difference in your life today, so that you can make a difference in the life of someone else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment